What you'll find here:

This blog is a collection of vintage advertisements, posted Monday through Friday. All ads are scans from magazines in my collection (or those of my friends), so I claim no copyright over them. Remember, these ads are from bygone eras: don't get upset if you see something you don't like, nor excited if you see something you do.

If you particularly like an ad and want a hi-res copy for yourself, email or message me and I can send you one.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Tiparillo and the Librarian

Playboy Oct. 1968
Some ads I presume must have only run in certain magazines, because this cigarette ad seems to be giving me advice on how to get already-nude women to stop covering themselves with literature.  A situation I doubt many Popular Mecahnics readers find themselves in.

Ad text:
Should a gentleman offer a Tiparillo to a librarian?
She'll read anything she can get her hands on.  From Medieval History to How-To-Build-a-24-Foot-Iceboat. Loves books.  Loves new ideas.
Okay.  No doubt, she's seen the unusual, slim Tiparillo shape.
She's been intrigued by the neat white tip.  She may even know that there are two Tiparillos.  Regular, for a mild smoke.  And new Tiparillo M with menthol, for a cold smoke.
Your only problem is which to offer.
P.S. If she accepts your Tiparillo, remember to fumble with the matches until she decides to light it herself.  That way, she'll have to put down the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment