What you'll find here:

This blog is a collection of vintage advertisements, posted Monday through Friday. All ads are scans from magazines in my collection (or those of my friends), so I claim no copyright over them. Remember, these ads are from bygone eras: don't get upset if you see something you don't like, nor excited if you see something you do.

If you particularly like an ad and want a hi-res copy for yourself, email or message me and I can send you one.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Shelly Berman album

Playboy Sept. 1964
     I was at first utterly flummoxed by this ad.  Then I looked up the album being advertised here.  I listened briefly to the first minute or so of this album (a sketch-comedy routine, in case you didn't get it from the ad - I didn't) and drew the conclusion that sex probably will be the same regardless of whether or not you listen to this album.

     I suspect this is just Playboy's attempt to be edgy and "modern" in the 1960's by advertising subject matter that one wouldn't usually encounter in the average jukebox.

No comments:

Post a Comment