What you'll find here:

This blog is a collection of vintage advertisements, posted Monday through Friday. All ads are scans from magazines in my collection (or those of my friends), so I claim no copyright over them. Remember, these ads are from bygone eras: don't get upset if you see something you don't like, nor excited if you see something you do.

If you particularly like an ad and want a hi-res copy for yourself, email or message me and I can send you one.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

White Horse Scotch

Playboy Nov. 1967
     Most of the ads I see that feature/include/show women do so in a less-than-flattering manner.  Probably due to the target audience of a Playboy magazine, but most of the time women are shown as being subservient and/or objectified creatures best suited to cater to man's pleasures, which of course makes such advertisements good targets for us modern-day readers to scoff and snort derisively at.  So I find this ad refreshing, as it features a jaunty pants-wearing woman who evidently plays and works just like the boys do.
     And let us not forget the awesome plaid/turtleneck/orange glasses combo.  Retch.

No comments:

Post a Comment