What you'll find here:

This blog is a collection of vintage advertisements, posted Monday through Friday. All ads are scans from magazines in my collection (or those of my friends), so I claim no copyright over them. Remember, these ads are from bygone eras: don't get upset if you see something you don't like, nor excited if you see something you do.

If you particularly like an ad and want a hi-res copy for yourself, email or message me and I can send you one.

Thursday, May 22, 2014

London Fog and the Creepy Aliens

Playboy Nov. 1967
     In some Playboy magazines, London Fog would run several-page ads showing off a lineup of new fashions and accessories in the form of various stories.  This one follows a Bond-esque hero, The Fog.  Unfortunately, I neglected to scan all the pages, and I no longer have the magazine these came from.  So here you go.  If anyone out there has an old magazine with this ad in it, I'd love to get some scans of the rest of the pages.
Ad text:
The Mopless Martians Episode.  Desperate at having to shave their heads because they couldn't do anything with their tresses, Martians were abducting Earth's finest hairdressers.
And so, posing as Mr. Finesse, Hairstylist, The Fog allowed himself to be captured and attached to their fiendish electro de-materializer, with which they beamed victims back to Mars.
At the last second, however, he executed an Immelmann handstand and short-circuited them all by deftly touching their antennae with the metal taps on his shoes.  Uttering as he did, "Ladies first."

No comments:

Post a Comment