What you'll find here:

This blog is a collection of vintage advertisements, posted Monday through Friday. All ads are scans from magazines in my collection (or those of my friends), so I claim no copyright over them. Remember, these ads are from bygone eras: don't get upset if you see something you don't like, nor excited if you see something you do.

If you particularly like an ad and want a hi-res copy for yourself, email or message me and I can send you one.

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Van Heusen 417

Playboy Nov. 1967

     Ok, so she wants this guy to prove that the shirt never needs to be ironed.  How exactly should he do that?  There is really no way to prove that something never happens, so that woman is going to be waiting a long time.

Ad text:
That shirt really gets to me.  Maybe it's the arrogant way that collar rolls.  Or the way that lean taper sort of slithers.  That shirt does a lot for a man.  And even more for a red-blooded girl.  But if you want me to belive it was permanently pressed the day it was made... and never needs pressing again. You'll have to prove it.  And I'm waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment