What you'll find here:

This blog is a collection of vintage advertisements, posted Monday through Friday. All ads are scans from magazines in my collection (or those of my friends), so I claim no copyright over them. Remember, these ads are from bygone eras: don't get upset if you see something you don't like, nor excited if you see something you do.

If you particularly like an ad and want a hi-res copy for yourself, email or message me and I can send you one.

Friday, December 13, 2013

Martini and Rossi

Playboy Sept. 1966
    I'm sure everyone who's ever had a Martini knows Martini & Rossi.  It's more or less the staple vermouth for bars.  There are better vermouths to be had, but this is the one everyone knows.

    You know how I know this ad is from the sixties?  Beaded curtains.  Groovy.

Ad text:
Wanted -- from Main Street to Mandalay:
Martini & Rossi Imported Vermouth.
Extra Dry for exotic Martinis,
Sweet, for inviting Manhattans.
The most... coast to coast.

Happy afterthought: Martini & Rossi is great straight or on the rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment