What you'll find here:

This blog is a collection of vintage advertisements, posted Monday through Friday. All ads are scans from magazines in my collection (or those of my friends), so I claim no copyright over them. Remember, these ads are from bygone eras: don't get upset if you see something you don't like, nor excited if you see something you do.

If you particularly like an ad and want a hi-res copy for yourself, email or message me and I can send you one.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

I.W. Harper

Playboy Jan. 1969
Here we have I.W. Harper bourbon, a brand which I've never heard of before.  Does anyone know if it's still available?
This particular ad caught my eye as it's a holiday-oriented gift set.  The bourbon comes in a fancy box with a nice cut-glass decanter, which frankly I'm envious of.  That's a sweet decanter.  And the stopper on that thing?  Looks like a hefty weight you could use in a Clue-eque murder scene:  Professor Plum, in the billiard room, with the I.W. Harper.

For the curious, $6.25 a fifth in 1969 comes out to about $38.60 nowadays.  Not a terrible price, especially for such a nice looking bottle and murder-weapon.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize how much the dollar had inflated in 40 years...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait til you see the car ads from the 60's. I'd buy a car every year if those prices hadn't inflated.

    ReplyDelete