What you'll find here:

This blog is a collection of vintage advertisements, posted Monday through Friday. All ads are scans from magazines in my collection (or those of my friends), so I claim no copyright over them. Remember, these ads are from bygone eras: don't get upset if you see something you don't like, nor excited if you see something you do.

If you particularly like an ad and want a hi-res copy for yourself, email or message me and I can send you one.

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Gift: Fall Getaway

Playboy Nov. 1968
     Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!  In trying to keep in the Thanksgiving spirit, I tried to find the most Autumn-oriented ad I had on hand to share.
     In 1960, Playboy opened the first of its Playboy clubs, which apparently expanded into a chain of hotels worldwide.  I understand that the clubs still exist in some places, but I've not heard of the hotels, so I'm not sure they've survived.  Regardless, in their day they offered a wide range of activities for people to partake in, from Wisconsin to Jamaica.

    Anyway, I hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving, and feel free to leave any feedback on the last few weeks' ads in the comments!

     Ad text:  The Plaboy Club-Hotel, Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, or Jamaica Playboy -- at either resort you'll make the most of the season.
     Catch the Midwest's autumn spectacular staged in the blazing red, orange, and yellow hills of Wisconsin.  Or come to the shores of the green Caribbean, beneath the Blue Mountains, for Jamaica's rerun of summer.
     Play it cool and take a swing at one of the nation's top golf courses during sweater weather.  Or feel warm all over just watching the bikinis swing by.
     Shoot skeet and trap. Or aim for the top of Dunn's River Falls.  Ride a horse through shady woods. Or ride a wave onto sunlit sand. Falling for both Playboy in Lake Geneva and Jamaica?
     You can make both for a real change of seasons.  For information on either, write Playboy, Dept. 9601 in Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment