What you'll find here:

This blog is a collection of vintage advertisements, posted Monday through Friday. All ads are scans from magazines in my collection (or those of my friends), so I claim no copyright over them. Remember, these ads are from bygone eras: don't get upset if you see something you don't like, nor excited if you see something you do.

If you particularly like an ad and want a hi-res copy for yourself, email or message me and I can send you one.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pall Mall

Playboy Nov. 1967
What is Pall Mall doing here?  Are they really trying to sell me a cigarette that takes longer to smoke than I have time to smoke it in?  I've got a meeting in five minutes!  I've got places to be!  Why should I pay for more cigarette, then just throw away two minute's worth of tobacco?



Or, is Pall Mall suggesting that the meeting isn't so important that I can't be two minutes late?  Shoot, am I being encouraged to work less and cut corners?  Are Pall Mall smokers the habitual delinquents and perpetually tardy members of society?

You can't fool me, Pall Mall.  Neither you nor that shiny cannon will stop me from getting to that meeting on time.  I'm already cutting it close.

No comments:

Post a Comment